These are the books I’ve purchased in the last 7 days.
- Ellenberg’s “How Not to Be Wrong: The Power of Mathematical Thinking”
- Ananthaswamy “The Man Who Wasn’t There: Investigations into the Strange New Science of the Self”
- Cooper’s “The Inmates Are Running the Asylum: Why High Tech Products Drive Us Crazy and How to Restore the Sanity” (2nd Edition)
- Miller’s “Spent: Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior”
- Fisher’s “Beat the Crowd: How You Can Out-Invest the Herd by Thinking Differently” (Fisher Investments Press)
- Miller’s “The Mating Mind: How Sexual Choice Shaped the Evolution of Human Nature”
- McGonical’s “SuperBetter: A Revolutionary Approach to Getting Stronger, Happier, Braver and More Resilient–Powered by the Science of Games” [Pre-Order]
- Schwarzenegger’s “The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding: The Bible of Bodybuilding”
- Macedo’s “Just Married: Same-Sex Couples, Monogamy, and the Future of Marriage”
- Wallace’s “Spycraft: The Secret History of the CIA’s Spytechs, from Communism to Al-Qaeda”
I also “Wish-Listed” a bunch of books, to be released/ordered on Sept. 15th so stay tuned for those. There’s an interesting crop of books on the art (and science) of making predictions that I’m looking forward to.